Since 1983, HPN has had the privilege of working with and serving over 1,000 employers of all types throughout the U.S. (with most ranging 11 to 11,000 employees, some with over 70,000); including schools, municipalities, unions and other groups. Add to these, the benefits consultants and national carriers with much larger populations.
Below are examples of how HPN assists each of these diverse groups.
Employer groups benefiting from support provided by HPN include:
- Small, medium and large employers – including Fortune 100 companies
- All types – manufacturing, services, non-profit, union, and other groups
- All staff – hourly, salaried, full-time, part-time, new hires
The most impressive results are seen by groups with tailored employee-wide integrated strategies that include targeted training initiatives, wellness screenings with HRAs, health and wellness websites with online decision tools, e-learning, reinforcing communications and other key support components WITH incentive programs yielding 90% or better engagement rates.
Health Systems, Hospitals & Centers
HPN has served over 100 health systems, hospitals and centers including:
- The largest in Illinois – university-based and others
- Some of the largest in Iowa, Kansas, Oregon and Kansas
The range of support provided for workforce, family, human resources, benefit and program goals varies for each, across these support needs:
- Health & wellness website, management system and data platform
- Wellness screening support options – protocols, staffing, locations, labs, reports, PPE and other considerations
- Incentive design and administration
- HRAs and integration with screenings using internal resources
- Admin functions for HR, benefit and wellness admin staff
- Communications support
- Train-the-trainer support and resources in medical self-care, early detection, battling germs and infections and prevention
- Medical residency program support
- Research and evaluation support
Some groups use HPN to bolster hospital wellness and population health management support to:
- Local employers and their health and wellness programs managed by the hospital
- Occupational health operations serving local employers
- Community outreach with resources that can help to improve social determinants of health, health outcomes, utilization and other key goals
Schools, Colleges and Universities – Staff & Students
Staff, Families & More
HPN has supported efforts to optimize health, wellbeing, quality of care, efficiencies, budgets and other goals with a wide variety of educational groups including the Wisconsin Education Association Trust (over 1,200 schools), the College of DuPage (IL), Indiana University, Olathe Schools, (KS), Wayzata Public Schools (MN), and other schools in the midwest.
The most impressive results are seen by groups with employee-wide integrated strategies that include annual core trainings, HRAs with wellness screenings, online decision tools (wellness management system), reinforcing communications and other key support components WITH incentive programs yielding 90% or better engagement rates.
Culver Academies (IN) is one of these groups with experienced exceptional results over 14 years - e.g., culture of wellbeing, 98% participation, health cost trends remaining flat, improved benefits.
Students – e-learning options
The Battling Germs & Infections series, other e-lessons and learning centers are ideal for schools looking for ways to:
- Expand online learning with new lessons and resources
- Offer new e-lessons on health & wellness, leadership, character and other strengths
- Add innovative options for lesson planning, discussions and more
- Help all students learn and be reminded of what’s needed for re-opening, avoiding future shut downs, and more
Check out the free Battling Germs lessons on our home page. These and others can be integrated with your LMS or ways of bringing them to students and their families.
Municipalities and other Government Groups
HPN has assisted federal, local, and other governmental employers, delivering programs and services to reach all employees regardless of location or shift. Groups we have assisted include:
- Counties and city municipalities in Illinois, Indiana, Missouri and others across the country.
- Argonne National Laboratory
- U.S. Military
Health and wellness websites, wellness screenings, incentive programs, challenges and other support resources are helping more and more of the groups we serve.
Health Plans, Benefits Consultants and TPA's
Thousands of businesses and organizations are represented by health plans that use HPN in one or more of the following ways:
- Outsourcing services - e.g. trainers, wellness screenings, worksite immunizations
- Custom health and wellness websites, e-learning, decision tools and other resources
- Enrollment and health fair resources —e.g. training kits, software, equipment/models/props
- Collaborative pilot projects and other evaluation studies
- Research on best practices and best resources to meet JCAHO, NCQA and HEDIS goals
- Trainers and speakers for leader (member) conferences and meeting
Some of the groups include:
- Aetna, BSBC (IL and Anthem), CIGNA, Humana and United Healthcare
- Self-funded and partially self-fund plans of employers
- Benefits consultants and TPAs helping the employer groups they serve
Nearly 100 labor unions and Taft Hartley health plans have benefitted from HPN support helping union members improve key skills and actions for better results spanning preventive care, early detection and follow-up, the use and quality of care, health, wellbeing and personal savings.
HPN works with union leaders to tailor the support mix and incentive programs based on the goals, cultural and other key considerations that apply to the union and applicable local councils.
The most impressive results are seen by groups with member-wide integrated strategies that include annual core trainings, HRAs with wellness screenings, online decision tools (wellness management system), reinforcing communications and other key support components WITH incentive programs yielding 90% or better engagement rates.