Battling Germs & Infections
Key Support Includes
- Battling Germs and Infections Guide with updated facts and tips to prevent and control many common and dangerous costly infections at work, home, in schools, hospitals and elsewhere
- Worksite trainers, train-the-trainer and mail options
- Support for strategy development, customization, implementation and evaluation
- Reinforcing e-learning lessons also available
- Can link related e-learning to engagement/incentive strategy
Know-How & Skills Gained
- Effective actions to improve the overall germ (infection) resistance of every employee and family.
- Evidence-based guidelines and decisions to better avoid, prevent and control over 25 costly infections, infectious diseases and conditions – e.g., the flu (changing strains each year), colds, strep throat, pneumonia, meningitis, food poisoning, toxoplasmosis, gum infections, MRSA, C-MRSA, hepatitis, mononucleosis, parasitic, HIV and other infections.
- Updates on effective actions regarding hand washing, cleaning, food handling and preparation, pets, pregnancy, first aid, camping, blood borne pathogens, vaccines, international travel and other actions.
- Reinforcement of importance of proactive obtaining flu shots, pneumonia and other relevant immunizations (for self and each family member) via primary provider, worksite initiatives and other appropriate sources.
Results & Returns
- Helps improve flu shot, pneumonia and other relevant immunization rates regarding recommended preventive care.
- Helps reduce overall infection rate (case) trends, complications, related health care, costs and lost lives.
- Contributes to lower paid claims each year and lower rate increases in future.
- Helps reduce related absenteeism and lost wages via fewer infection-related illnesses regarding self and family members.